About Me >>>>>Faith >>>>> The Kid >>>>> The Dude >>>>>Parties >>>>> Fashion >>>>> Food>>>>>Decorating>>>>>Contact Me

Monday, January 30, 2012

Nursery Updates!

As we come into the home stretch prior to the Dude's arrival, I figure I should let you know how things look in the nursery. I think we are done, minus a few little pieces here and there.

The main difference between Kid #1 and Kid #2 is that I realize that this time around, all a baby really needs is some food to eat, a place to sleep, diapers and some clothes. That said, nurseries are a lot of fun to put together and let me introduce you to ours...






This is the nook for our new glider from the Best Chair Company. Seriously, that is the name. I ordered it during a sale from a local children's store.






This this the view from the doorway. A friend from church with far more sewing skills than I have made the custom linens, including the valance, crib skirt and pillows. The elephant lamp on the dresser is from HomeGoods.






This is the previous view of the other wall in the nursery, with the old knobs.






I changed out the knobs for some nickel finish ones that I picked up at Lowes.






Close up of the valance (a sunny yellow stripe with an inset box pleat with dandelions - the most masculine flower I could come up with!).






Not in the original picture, but wanted to carry out the subtle elephant theme with these bronze finish finials from Pottery Barn Kids. Other little pops of yellow include this little storage box that I got at the Container Store and the diaper bag that my friend surprised me with at my shower.











On the crib wall, I have a few more personalized goodies...






Those pictures were made by another friend who is a graphic artist/illustrator (remember the Pirate Princess Party invitations?) who exceeded my expectations for these custom prints. And the crocheted blue and white blanket draped over the end of the crib was handmade by yet another friend. I have some very generous (and very sweet) friends!







Close up of the crib skirt...






The trio of prints features lyrics from one of my favorite kids' songs, "You Are My Sunshine".My daughter has been singing this song to my belly this pregnancy, so it makes the lyrics extra-special.

A quick loop back to the nursing corner shows a couple of my other nursery favorites. A few talented friends made me nursing covers as well as the burp cloths on the side table.






Above the glider is a custom Etsy print with the verse Zephaniah 3:17 on it. This was a present from two dear friends who picked a perfect complement to the nursery.






I LOVE this Martini side table from West Elm! I had been pining for it from afar for several months, thinking it would be a perfect table, but not wanting to drop that kind of money on a table for a kid's room. It was like a sign when about a month ago, my local store had a floor sample on sale for $40! I snatched that sucker up faster than you can say "Pinterest".








Custom changing pad by the same friend.






And last, but not least, a boob shaped contractor grade light. 'Cause why not? Babies like boobs, right?





I want to get a small rug for the center of the room, but I still haven't found what I'm looking for... (U2 lyrics, say what?)

What do you think? Chime in!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...