About Me >>>>>Faith >>>>> The Kid >>>>> The Dude >>>>>Parties >>>>> Fashion >>>>> Food>>>>>Decorating>>>>>Contact Me

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

New Refrigerator and Murphy's Law

You know the phrase, "anything that can go wrong, will go wrong and at the most inopportune time"? It is also known as Murphy's law and that happened to us last Friday morning.

First a little back story...

I have had issues with the refrigerator that we met in our new house since we moved in. While it was a higher end appliance brand (GE Profile), I am not a fan of side by side refrigerators, especially when you can't ever seem to fit anything larger than a gallon of milk inside of them. We like to entertain and have parties, so decent refrigerator space is a must for our family. I was willing to deal with it. Then the ice maker stopped working a few weeks after we moved in. Which means for the past 8 months, we have been picking up bags of ice at the grocery store to refill the ice dispenser. Then the filtered water dispenser stopped working. Oooookaaaayyy...

At this point, I was counting down the days to Black Friday so that I could get a French door fridge on sale. Our fridge had a target on its back with me pointing an Bourne Identity assassin style sniper rifle at it. Then last week as I was trying to pack lunches for work and school, I noticed the milk wasn't that cold in the morning. Then the waffles weren't all that frozen. Our fridge had finally died. At eight-expletive-o'clock in the morning when I need to leave for work NOW. Cue me tossing everything perishable into the trash, pouring melted ice cream (Haagen-Dazs, sniff) down the sink and putting all of the still salvageable items into coolers. We luckily had a few ice packs and a little bit of ice in a bag that we could use to keep things cold for a few hours.

So guess what I got on my lunch break last week (as opposed to a cherry limeade slushy from Sonic)?

This fridge from Lowe's (thank you, for having a major sale, getting me next day delivery and generally being all around awesome!)



My precious...


Sooooo much room....


I probably shouldn't have these kind of fluttery feelings about a crisper drawer...


Mine, all mine!

If you could replace anything in your house right now, what would it be?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...