About Me >>>>>Faith >>>>> The Kid >>>>> The Dude >>>>>Parties >>>>> Fashion >>>>> Food>>>>>Decorating>>>>>Contact Me

Monday, October 10, 2011

Nursery Plans

Of all the rooms in our home, the most ignored room until now (maybe besides the guest bedroom) has been the nursery. It has been just a catch-all room for all of the baby toys and the Kid's outgrown shoes and clothes. Then after the miscarriage earlier this year, it was a little hard to even go in the room, because looking at the baby stuff made me sad.

Now that we are past the halfway point, I feel a little more comfortable thinking about the nursery. I have expressed to several friends that after a pregnancy loss, you always feel like you are waiting for the other shoe to drop and for something to happen. But I am reassured as I feel the near constant flutters of the Dude. Hope springs eternal...

Here is the nursery. As a good friend once described commented, it is "minty". The green isn't horrible, but it is akin to falling into a tub of pistachio ice cream. If you're into that sort of thing.


Our nursery furniture is in really good shape, even if it is more traditional than I would go for now. We got these five years ago when furniture trends were very different. I asked MrDrama if he would paint them white, but he put the kibosh on that idea super-quick. Party pooper...

Our glider will probably be replaced by something that is a little more comfortable for me to fall asleep in. It is perfectly functional, but I think I want a more streamlined glider that is more like a side chair and is fully upholstered. My other option will be to slipcover it in a more modern cover. Not sure yet.

Ignore the random pool floatie behind the chair. I told you this room was a catch-all...

One thing I am eager to redo will be knobs on the furniture to attempt to modernize them a little. I am thinking some frosted glass ones like these or library cup pulls may do the trick. Ignore the piles of too-small 3T clothes piled on the changing table.

This is probably the best representation of the unfortuntate color in the nursery.

For the wall color, I am feeling the gray trend that has been all over the blogosphere. I was at a friend's home for a party and fell in love with the color on her walls. More on that tomorrow...

What color would you do in a bedroom for a boy?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...