About Me >>>>>Faith >>>>> The Kid >>>>> The Dude >>>>>Parties >>>>> Fashion >>>>> Food>>>>>Decorating>>>>>Contact Me

Thursday, October 6, 2011

The Joy of Reading

I have always enjoyed reading. One of my dad's favorite quotes is always, "you can never be alone when reading a book". I am so, so glad that my daughter has inherited the same reading bug. She has been reading since she was three and now is able to read to me from time to time.
Here is what is on her nightstand.


  A little science: Dolphin (an I Can Read 3 book)
A little religion: the Jesus Storybook Bible
A little TV inspired reading: Dinner with Olivia
A little musical jazz scat ABCs: Chicka Chicka Boom Boom
A little banned book action: In the Night Kitchen
A little audiobook: Thank You, God, for Everything

I love that she has a variety of reading interests and that she is turning into a little book nerd like her parents.

What were our favorite types of books to read when you were little? What's on your nightstand now?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...