About Me >>>>>Faith >>>>> The Kid >>>>> The Dude >>>>>Parties >>>>> Fashion >>>>> Food>>>>>Decorating>>>>>Contact Me

Thursday, September 15, 2011

B's Baby Shower

Continuing with the party theme this week, I recently helped throw a baby shower for a good friend from church (we'll call her "B") who has had a long road to motherhood. It was a pretty emotional gathering, with people from many different parts of B's life gathering to celebrate her new baby who should be making an appearance later this fall. B was a very dear friend to me during my miscarriage and she is due right about the same time that I would have been with the previous pregnancy. I am so, so thankful that she is getting to see one of her deepest desires come true.

We kept things very simple, just socializing with friends, a few rounds of baby Scattegories and Bingo, but stayed away from any games involving drinking from a bottle, eating baby food or pretending anything was poop. Ummm, no...

Since their nursery colors are pink and brown, we went with those colors for decorations.

We did the decor in pink and white with those ubiquitous Martha Stewart poms as a garland. Still have no chairs for the dining room yet. Too busy throwing up my lunch on a daily basis...


 We started with everyone leaving prayers for the new baby.


I made favors of mini jars of peach jam (very Martha of me) for guests to take on their way out. The Kid helped me assemble these with a casual covering of pink gingham and brown grosgrain ribbon.


The brunch buffet included a fresh fruit tray with chocolate fondue and chicken salad in phyllo cups...


A flower arrangement was done by my friend Melissa from Vintage Florals (thanks!). Mini ham and Gruyere cheese croissants as well as an assortment of quiches and blueberry muffins started off the savory portion of the morning...


The Kid and I made a bunch of quick breads earlier in the week (from the top: lemon poppyseed, pumpkin and banana breads)...


A Southern classic, sausage cheese balls (we call them Scooby snacks in our house)...


I had my stash of homemade apple and plum jellies as well as homemade cinnamon honey butter (pretty sure my daughter could eat this by the spoonful if I let her)...


A new item for me was the pink punch made very quickly out of cranberry flavored soda and raspberry sherbert. I may have finished an inappropriate amount of this drink...


One of the co-hostesses made these yummy chocolate cupcakes with pink and white cream cheese frosting. I am obsessed with this pink pedestal that I cound in a boutique store in Franklin, Tennessee...



More pom-pom action...


Baby Evelyn got a lot of fun stuff. I spy at least one Boppy...


I especially adore the pennant banner that one of the other co-hostesses made as a surprise to match their nursery bedding...


Chime in, what do you think? Been to any fun baby showers recently?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...