About Me >>>>>Faith >>>>> The Kid >>>>> The Dude >>>>>Parties >>>>> Fashion >>>>> Food>>>>>Decorating>>>>>Contact Me

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

I Love SoCal, Part 2

Part of the reason I loved the wedding and Southern California so much was because the weather was amazing. After dealing with upper 90's and 100% humidity in Tennessee, San Diego's mid 70's and minimal humidity was a welcome change. Even sitting outside for the almost two hour ceremony was pleasant because of the weather. My only wish was that I had worn a sari instead of American clothes.


Turquoise earrings: TJMaxx
Pink Halter dress: TJMaxx
Nine West shoes: TJMaxx

Anyone notice a theme? I am a little between sizes right now *cough* and I wanted to get a great outfit that wouldn't break the bank. TJMaxx/Marshalls for the win, every time. I think from top to bottom, the whole outfit was about $75. Not bad. This fuchsia and turquoise is one of my favorite color combos...
 
Here are some more pictures of the clothes...

A couple of the flower girls (permission given by their parents) trying to kill time before the ceremony, which was running on I.S.T. (Indian Standard Time), which is eerily similar to W.A.S.T., West African Standard Time...


I should have borrowed a sari from Beena. I adore the colors of the fabric and how everyone looked so festive. It reminded me a lot of our own wedding.


One of the younger guests with a great example of mendhi on her hands...


Instead of the sari, some women wore a tunic with pants. With fabulous heels, naturally.


 One of the lovely bridesmaids...


One of my best friends ever (and seriously the easiest roommate in the world to live with!). Beena the bride with her mom and dad.


Tomorrow, I will post some more pictures. What do you think of the clothes? Would you wear something traditionally Indian or go with a more "American" style outfit? Chime in!



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...