About Me >>>>>Faith >>>>> The Kid >>>>> The Dude >>>>>Parties >>>>> Fashion >>>>> Food>>>>>Decorating>>>>>Contact Me

Monday, August 1, 2011

Where I've Been (I Love SoCal, Part 1)

So where was I last week with my sparkly shoes? I was lucky to get to attend my first Indian wedding, courtesy of my med school roommate, Beena. She got hitched in La Jolla, California, overlooking a golf course that overlooks the Pacific Ocean and it was AMAZING! There are too many pictures to put into one post so I will break it down a little for you guys.

It's not often a girl gets to wear sequined shoes and a hot pink dress to a wedding, so I was definitely taking advantage of the opportunity to wear bright colors. I will do a fashion post later in the week.



 The Kid and I both got our hands painted during the mendhi ceremony the night before the wedding. The bride to be and her family get very elaborate designs on their hands and feet. Hardest part? Try keeping a 4 year old distracted enough to let the design set for the 45+ minutes. iPad to the rescue...


The amazing Hilton Torrey Pines in La Jolla, where the ceremony was held. I was amused by the number of hotel guests that came out on their balconies to watch the ceremony as well.


Here is a small sample of the beautiful flowers at the ceremony.


Have any of you ever been to an Indian wedding? What stuff do you want to hear about from the trip? The food? The clothes? The ceremony and reception? Chime in!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...