About Me >>>>>Faith >>>>> The Kid >>>>> The Dude >>>>>Parties >>>>> Fashion >>>>> Food>>>>>Decorating>>>>>Contact Me

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

I Love So Cal, Part 3

Life is hectic right now. School is starting this week, which means that work is crazy with last minute school and sports physicals and which means I will also be busy with the vague ailments like stomach pains and headaches that always seem to get mysteriously worse when school starts :-)

Since my computer is finally back (thanks, sweetie!), I wanted to share quickly the last of our pictures from our trip to La Jolla, California a few weeks ago. A trip down memory lane will surely rejuvenate me while I anticipate tricking preschoolers into letting me check their ears, right?
***
MrDrama and the Kid on the way to the beach, in matching stripes from J.Crew...


The lack of humidity and amazing homes were enough to make me consider moving to California, but these homes are easily in the several million dollar range, so Tennessee it is...



Despite the fact it was cool (to us), the Kid wanted to play on the beach.

Lands' End swimsuit (thank you, LE for making suits that make little girls look like - gasp!- little girls)

MrDrama and the Kid exploring some of the shallow caves by the beach...


We had a lunch one day at a cafe where the best part was people watching...


We also got hang out briefly with one of my best friends from college. Major shout out to her and her husband who drove nearly 2 hours from L.A. to babysit the Kid while we went to the wedding. Seriously, there are about 5 people on the planet who would do that for me. Love her. And since she is a child psychologist, she is on speed dial for me for child development stuff. "Ummmm, is this normal????"


The Kid loves her Auntie Natalie...


We had a great trip. I certainly could use a palm tree in my backyard...


We loved our trip and the Kid was so sad to leave that she actually cried when we told her we were going back home. If you've been to California, where is your favorite place to visit?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...