About Me >>>>>Faith >>>>> The Kid >>>>> The Dude >>>>>Parties >>>>> Fashion >>>>> Food>>>>>Decorating>>>>>Contact Me

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Hopefully, this should explain my recent decline in blogging for the last month or so. 


Yeah. I'm pregnant. Again. If you remember, I miscarried in April. And got knocked up in May. Apparently, ovaries don't waste time. Although I say that a little flippantly, I know many of my readers have struggled with infertility. It can be hard to be happy for others when you hear the news of someone expecting. I do realize how incredibly fortunate we are. Getting and staying pregnant and delivering a healthy baby is nothing short of miraculous to me. But it is what it is.

Hopefully, you can understand why I didn't post much during the past few weeks. I couldn't do outfit posts, since that would have been obvious that I was starting to get a little thick around the middle. No decorating posts because all I want to do is sleep. I couldn't do food posts, because quite frankly, food right now = GROSS. I haven't even picked up my camera in 3 or 4 weeks. Pregnant DrDrama is not fun DrDrama.

I honestly wonder how I even imagined that the last pregnancy was going to "stick", considering the complete lack of typical (for me) pregnancy symptoms last time. This time (similar to the Kid's pregnancy), I have been EXHAUSTED, puking all the time - I have learned how to throw up quietly at work - and generally feeling like my GI tract is trying to slowly kill me. Also, post-miscarriage, I was a little skittish about revealing anything too early. Although several friends guessed I was pregnant months ago when I didn't drink any wine at our July 4th party (trust me, I wish I could have!). Another friend guessed after seeing me popping Tums and crackers in church. I figure that since we are well into the second trimester now (and now perfect strangers are asking when I am due), I feel okay spilling the beans.

I will save all of my humorous pregnancy complaints for another post. We will find out the sex in a few weeks. In the meantime, I need a blog-friendly nickname for this little one. My daughter is "The Kid". The last pregnancy was "Kid 2.0".



What nickname should I pick for this new baby?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...