About Me >>>>>Faith >>>>> The Kid >>>>> The Dude >>>>>Parties >>>>> Fashion >>>>> Food>>>>>Decorating>>>>>Contact Me

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Put a Little Smile on Your Face: Favorite Things

I am sure I am not the only person who goes around their home and has a few little things that always bring a smile to your face. Here are a few of my recent favorites around my kitchen.

Fresh flowers are  my weakness. I am completely spoiled to have beautiful hydrangeas right outside my back door. I love clipping off a few stems and putting them in a jelly jar of water on the kitchen counter.


Also in the kitchen, we have this big old glass container of wine corks that we have been collecting since the pre-Kid days. If those corks could talk...


Also, I recently got this mortar and pestle at Crate and Barrel in Chicago when I was there for a business trip. I could live in Crate and Barrel (as well as Whole Foods and IKEA, but let's leave that alone). I have been looking for a mortar and pestle for a long time and am glad I found this there. And yes, I go on vacation and buy cooking utensils. What?


Lastly, I fell into the "Target trap" (when you go in for one thing and come home with $75 of stuff you never knew you needed). I got this Watkins soap that smells amazing. Guys would never understand this, but women like pretty soap. Especially when there are words written in French on the bottle. Humor me.


Hey, we never claimed to make sense...


When you go around your home, are there any little things that have put a smile on your face?




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...