About Me >>>>>Faith >>>>> The Kid >>>>> The Dude >>>>>Parties >>>>> Fashion >>>>> Food>>>>>Decorating>>>>>Contact Me

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Fast, Easy Art for Kids - Frame It Up!

Yesterday I mentioned the pictures above the Kid's updated desk.


If you have ever been in school or have kids in school or nieces and nephews, you know that you can accumulate a mountain of random pieces of paper with scribbles on them. Please tell me that I am not the only person who has secretly thrown away some of their child's "artwork" when they are asleep. 

Just me?

However, there are times when the artwork is pretty good and you want to save it. I found that these frame when we were unpacking (random leftovers from over the years) and gave them a quick coat of purple paint to unify them. Since the frames didn't all have mats and a solid back, I used foam board and black felt that I had to create a sturdy mat for my selected pictures. I used a little grosgrain ribbon to create a mat for the center picture, since it was a little narrower than the frame. I printed the pictures out on our color printer and just glued them with a light coat of Elmer's glue.

Pictures, from L to R: Silhouette of the Kid that I made in this post, mosaic rainbow from the school (courtesy of "Weather Week"), Que Sera Sera free printable from Making It Lovely.

When I saw this free printable from the Making It Lovely blog, I knew I had to use that in the Kid's room. This altered version of the lyrics refer to rainbows (how appropos) and because I knew the song when I was little. Back in the olden days, I had a children's LP with the song "Que Sera Sera" on it and I teared up a little when I started singing the last stanza to my little girl after I hung up the picture in her room.



Now I have children of my own
They ask me, "Mother, what will I be?"
"Will I be handsome? Will I be rich"
I tell them tenderly

Que sera, sera
Whatever will be, will be
The future's not our to see
Que sera, sera

*Sniff*. Must be allergies.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...