About Me >>>>>Faith >>>>> The Kid >>>>> The Dude >>>>>Parties >>>>> Fashion >>>>> Food>>>>>Decorating>>>>>Contact Me

Friday, April 8, 2011

Purple Chair SNAFU

I messed up on the chair. Still haven't painted the desk. Will get to it. By the way, I love military acronyms. SNAFU is a great one. As is FUBAR and Whiskey-Tango-Foxtrot. I have a potty mouth, but only with acronyms.

Here's what happened with the chair. It was all painted purple, a duckcloth seat was installed with the intention of using a Silhouette version of a giraffe to transfer fabric some lovely Dwell studio fabric onto the chair.


Crap. Looking closer.


Crappity-crap-crap-CRAP!


Won't go in this way...


Or this way...

Phooey. The front of the chair is about a 1/2 inch too wide for the opening of the desk. Back to the drawing board. This is the risk you take with thrifted and found pieces that are a great price. The desk will stay, the chair will go. And I am only out the $3 I paid for the spray paint. And lesson learned. I am carrying a measuring tape with me at all times.

Maybe the furniture universe is telling me to get an acrylic chair for the Kid's room after all.





Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...