About Me >>>>>Faith >>>>> The Kid >>>>> The Dude >>>>>Parties >>>>> Fashion >>>>> Food>>>>>Decorating>>>>>Contact Me

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Color-coded Bookshelf: Not Practical But Pretty

We are finally clawing our way out from under a mountain of moving boxes and take-out food containers. It is amazing how badly you eat when you are in the process of packing and moving and unpacking. We have eaten a year's worth of take-out and frozen pizza. Don't even get me started on the Coke Zero. Thanks to those people who invited us over for home-cooked meals!

To make matters more complicated, I was on call last weekend (rounding in the hospital and clinic) AND the Kid, had two birthday parties on Saturday. Last week = EXHAUSTION. And my day off yesterday was spent catching up on recording CME (continuing medical education) credits for work, which I always procrastinate, even though I swear the next time I will record them as I go. There is always next year. Heh.

Anyhow, we are about 1/3 of the way through the boxes. My first more fun project was arranging the books on the shelves. Being a nerd married to another nerd, we have a quadrillion books. No joke, about 25% of our boxes when we moved were books. We have never particularly arranged books in a systematic order, so MrDrama gave me free rein yesterday night and this is a preview of one of the bookshelves.


I have been obsessed with putting things in rainbow order since I learned about ROY G. BIV in third grade. 
And I need more yellow and green books. 
And I should maybe get rid of the big old boom box and get an iPod docking station with speakers.

Here are some more rainbow bookshelf lovelies...



Now I know it isn't practical, but we never had our books organized in any particular way. Makes me happy just looking at it. 

How about you? If you have a bunch of books are they arranged by subject, alphabetical or helter skelter?



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...