About Me >>>>>Faith >>>>> The Kid >>>>> The Dude >>>>>Parties >>>>> Fashion >>>>> Food>>>>>Decorating>>>>>Contact Me

Monday, March 21, 2011

Chair Makeover: Purple in Progress

Here is where we are with that desk chair that was destined for the Kid's room. This is what I spent an hour or so this past weekend working on.

After (in progress):


If you remember from this post, this chair that I scored for free was a little lacking. And that seat was NASS-TY!

Before:


It was super easy to take apart the chair (just four screws into the plywood seat) and after a couple of trial and errors with the spray paint (more on that tomorrow) I settled on the perfect purple for my girl's chair. I had a little spray paint left over, so I hit up a couple of random picture frames that I already had from IKEA and thrift stores with the same purple. Not sure what will go in these yet, but I figured a few accent pieces in the same purple would be great.


Tomorrow (or maybe later in the week, let's be honest), I will be posting a step by step on the chair re-do, including supplies and tools.

What about you, how was your weekend? Did you do anything exciting?




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...