- Monell's: This is my personal favorite and I could eat there every weekend if my waistline could handle it. It s a family style location with more food than you can shake a stick at (Yankees really shouldn't use such phraseology). Here is my original blog post about them. Come early, because there is always a line.
from their website
- The Pancake Pantry: This is a Hillsboro Village (near the Vanderbilt and Belmont campuses) staple and I have spent many a post-exam morning scarfing down pancakes and coffee. Always a line of people waiting on weekend mornings, but their stellar pancakes and service are worth it. It is a mix of students, professionals and families here and the atmosphere is classically Nashville.
- Pfunky Griddle: If you are coming with children or your family, this is a fun, interactive option for breakfast, located in the revitalized neighborhood of Berry Hill. You get to make your own pancakes here and kids of all ages love it. Here is my previous blog post about them.
- Opryland Buffet: If you are lucky enough to be staying on site at the recent;y restored Opryland Hotel, this breakfast buffet is one of my favorite breakfast indulgences. Awesome service and you get to bask in the atrium of this outstanding hotel.
From their website
- Marche Artisan Food: Located in historic East Nashville, this is a bustling location for those true foodies who love locally sourced food made in an artisan style.
- Capitol Grille at the Hermitage Hotel: If you are feeling fancy, this an elegant location for breakfast at a historic location.
- Loveless Cafe: This Nashville landmark has been named by USA Today as the nations "top down-home dining location. Their biscuits will make you slap your mama. Not that you would ever do that. Bless your heart.
- Noshville: If you are looking for more New York (as much as we can do down here) diner-style breakfast, Noshville is your place. Great sandwiches (my favorite is a Reuben) and French toast. Very budget friendly and fun atmosphere.
- Copper Kettle: Last but certainly not least, they were voted by the Nashville Scene as the "Best Brunch in Nashville". A reviewer called it the most divine buffet in Nashville. You can't miss.