About Me >>>>>Faith >>>>> The Kid >>>>> The Dude >>>>>Parties >>>>> Fashion >>>>> Food>>>>>Decorating>>>>>Contact Me

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

We Get By With a Little Help From Our Friends...

We had a little get-together with some friends who are expecting their second baby. While I am not a fan of a big circus-like shower for every kid, I think an intimate gathering of friends to welcome a new baby is a lovely idea. I am now at that point in my life that most of my friends who had their first kid around the time I did are now anticipating the arrivals of their second ones. No pressure, DrDrama...

*sips a glass of red wine while remembering the horrific morning sickness*


Pressure gone.

I recently co-hosted a mini get-together for my friend Kelly who is expecting her second in the next month or so. I HIGHLY recommend springing for a babysitter to watch your kids while you enjoy adult conversation without distraction. The kidlets were safely ensconced at a generous friend's home nearby who watched them and the adults enjoyed some food and drinks and most importantly, undistracted conversation.


Pink Poms, also seen here

 Non-alcoholic drink options...

Soda bar...

Mini blue cheeseburgers

I think my co-host did a great job making otherwise unremarkable toppings look amazing.

We spent the evening mostly socializing but also made a special time at the end of the party to pray for the expectant couple, their older daughter and their baby on the way. It was a pretty amazing way to welcome a new baby into the world.

Love these ladies (expectant mama in the middle)

What about you? What do your friends do to celebrate a second (or third) child? Nothing? Actual shower? Something inbetween?






Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...