About Me >>>>>Faith >>>>> The Kid >>>>> The Dude >>>>>Parties >>>>> Fashion >>>>> Food>>>>>Decorating>>>>>Contact Me

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

OOTD Roundup: A SAD case

I have always thought that I get a mild case of Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) when November and December roll around. Living in Pittsburgh - a bazillion grey days an year - didn't help me in the slightest. The outfits this week have been sort of weak and blecchh as far as I am concerned. I don't know if Daylight Saving Time has gotten me into a funk (I hate it being dark at 5:30 pm, grrrr...) but I have been uninspired on the fashion front. I am actually looking forward to the end of December when the days start getting longer again. Here is what I had this week.

Basically the exact same outfit I've done before, if you recognize my Gwyenth Paltrow copycat ways.

 Necklace closeups
Bottom pendant from Japan, gift from my mom
Top pendant a birthday present from a med school friend

Gap Blue Merino Wool sweater
Land's End Fit and Flare dress
J.Crew belt
147 Million Orphans necklace
DSW boots

 Feeling Vesty
J.Crew perfect fit scoopneck tee and flower pin
Cabi skirt and vest
Ann Klein boots
(I think I will wear tights with this next time)

A Ladylike Sunday Outfit
J.Crew Jackie Cardigan
Gap Favorite Tee
Vintage pin
Ann Taylor LOFT (a size 2!) dress from eons ago, used as a skirt and probably about 2 sizes too small on top. I love post-baby back fat. It's awesome. This dress stayed intact with a wing and prayer.
Cole Haan wedges

Not appropriate for work

Work appropriate leopard prints (oxymoron, much?)
 Ann Taylor LOFT cardigan
H&M Belt
Express dress (from many moons ago)
Nine West shoes

What about you? I hope your closet isn't looking uninspired like mine! Have you have had difficulty adjusting to the time change? Do you have any tips on how to beat the early winter blues?





Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...