About Me >>>>>Faith >>>>> The Kid >>>>> The Dude >>>>>Parties >>>>> Fashion >>>>> Food>>>>>Decorating>>>>>Contact Me

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Artsy Fartsy

Fourteen years ago this past weekend I was starting my freshman year at Vandy.  Remember being a freshman in college and going to the poster fair? It was your first opportunity to decorate the way you wanted, I mean the way you really wanted, without anyone to say a thing as to what you wanted to hang up in your dorm room. These are posters I picked as an 18 year-old freshman at Vanderbilt...

A little Einstein to appeal to my inner science nerd...


A little Audrey to appeal to my inner fashion fiend...


A little Matisse to appeal to my inner artist...
Art is still important to me. I was an art history minor in college (much more fun than my boring biology degree) and spent a summer in London studying British art. Here is a little sampling of what we have on our walls in our home right now.

A going away present from some dear friends depicting bridges in Pittsburgh...


Some garage sale finds (the best place to find original art!)...



A Japanese watercolor...


Original art from a med school friend...


My favorite is a Monet-ish version of a photo from our wedding...


Do you remember what posters you had in your dorm room? What sort of art do you have in your home?



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...