About Me >>>>>Faith >>>>> The Kid >>>>> The Dude >>>>>Parties >>>>> Fashion >>>>> Food>>>>>Decorating>>>>>Contact Me

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

The Best Book I Almost Never Read

If you are a big reader like I am, you probably have stuff on wait list at your local library and could spend hours in a bookstore. My favorite classes (although I admit that I loved all my classes) were always my English classes. We read all the classics, like Animal Farm, Lord of the Flies, Hemingway, Grapes of Wrath, The Odyssey and Pride and Prejudice. Somehow, I never read To Kill A Mockingbird.


I know...shocking, right? When I was recently on vacation to the beach I read it and was floored. SO GOOD. I was dog-earing pages and underlining passages the entire time I was reading it, like...

I think there's just one kind of folks.  Folks.  ~Scout, Chapter 23
When a child asks you something, answer him, for goodness' sake.  But don't make a production of it.  Children are children, but they can spot an evasion quicker than adults, and evasion simply muddles 'em.  ~Atticus, Chapter 9
Until I feared I would lose it, I never loved to read. One does not love breathing.
~Scout, Chapter 2
I wanted you to see what real courage is, instead of getting the idea that courage is a man with a gun in his hand. It's when you know you're licked before you begin but you begin anyway and you see it through no matter what. You rarely win, but sometimes you do. ~Atticus, Chapter 11
It is a book that describes the best and worst of the South. Should have read this years ago.

What is the most well-known book that YOU never read?



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...