About Me >>>>>Faith >>>>> The Kid >>>>> The Dude >>>>>Parties >>>>> Fashion >>>>> Food>>>>>Decorating>>>>>Contact Me

Thursday, July 8, 2010

True Blue America

Random picture from the Kid's singalong at preschool last week. They have an annual pre-July 4th celebration and ice cream social and all of the kids sing various patriotic ditties. Let me tell you that nothing makes me tear up faster than hearing a bunch of three year-olds sing "I'm Proud to be an American" and "God Bless America". 


Granted none of them know the words to the verses and they only sing the chorus, but what they lack in memory, they make up for in gusto.

I remember playing Rhode Island during our school's celebration of the bicentennial of the Constitution.  I sang something about a rooster, I think. Since apparently Rhode Island's only claim to fame is its size and chickens. And Brown University.

Do you remember doing anything patriotic-like when you were little?




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...