About Me >>>>>Faith >>>>> The Kid >>>>> The Dude >>>>>Parties >>>>> Fashion >>>>> Food>>>>>Decorating>>>>>Contact Me

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Road Trip!

We went to North Myrtle Beach for vacation last week for my birthday and it was a much needed and restful vacation where the biggest decision was what to wear and "pool or beach?". Eight hundred kinds of awesome.

We do car rides old school with no DVDs, no toys besides what easily fits into a tiny backpack and lots of grownup music (although there may have been an Elmo CD in East Tennessee). And lots of parental threats of, "don't make me come back there!". Masochistic? Maybe. I make her suffer like I used to suffer in the back of a 1977 Buick with no AC on the two-day trip from Athens, Georgia to Austin, Texas.

Commencing toddler "Ugly Face", as the Kid calls it.


Still not sure why my parents didn't leave me and my siblings somewhere in Alabama with a couple of bologna sandwiches, Fruit Roll-Ups and a sign that said, "Will Whine for Food".

Any fond road trip memories from your childhood?



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...