About Me >>>>>Faith >>>>> The Kid >>>>> The Dude >>>>>Parties >>>>> Fashion >>>>> Food>>>>>Decorating>>>>>Contact Me

Thursday, April 22, 2010

DIY Pendant Necklace - Happy Earth Day

I hate it when socks disappear in the dryer and you are left with a single pair.

I hate it when you are looking for your favorite gloves or mittens on a cold day and you can only find one of them.

I especially hate it when I lose an earring. Nothing pains me more, because I tend to get pretty attached to my earrings and losing one feels like I lost a friend. Melodramatic, I know. But it sucks. I hate earring orphans.

I was sorting through some jewelry for the upcoming jewelry swap and ran across my tray of misfit jewelry. You know...the graveyard of broken necklaces, orphaned earrings and dead watches.  I saw a particular orphaned earring that I used to love and attached it to a random gold chain that I had and (as my child would say) TA-DA!


Repurposing an old earring is my contribution to Planet Earth on this Earth Day.

Baby steps.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...