About Me >>>>>Faith >>>>> The Kid >>>>> The Dude >>>>>Parties >>>>> Fashion >>>>> Food>>>>>Decorating>>>>>Contact Me

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Lands' End Canvas/L.L.Bean Signature

My inner prepster is coming out of the closet, so to speak.  I have fallen in love again with the classic Americana manufacturers of L.L.Bean and Land's End. Lately, J.Crew's move to more ruffles and the "Collection pieces" has left a bit of a void for classics sometimes in the mid-range retailers. I think these other companies are probably trying to capitalize on this by introducing items that are not just made out of fleece and denim.

I had seen a few posts about Lands' End new Canvas line (from Sweet Tea in Seattle and Fabulous Florida Mommy and  J.Crew Aficionada) recently regarding some striped shirts and I wandered over to the Land's End website to see what was available.  It seems to be catering to a slightly dressier customer.  The selections look A LOT like how J. Crew looked in the pre-Jenna Lyons days. 


Lands' End has always been known for their functional clothing but it looks like some of these  Canvas pieces are pretty fashionable, if preppy.

I want the yellow coat, not the pegged jeans (rocked that in 7th grade, thanks!).


As for L.L.Bean, the have a new line called L.L.Bean Signature.  I have a couple of things that I love from them.  

Because who doesn't need a leather tote?
(I know the handles would be too short for me, though.)


Want this shirtdress from L.L.Bean.

L.L.Bean, not just for those canvas bags anymore!







Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...