About Me >>>>>Faith >>>>> The Kid >>>>> The Dude >>>>>Parties >>>>> Fashion >>>>> Food>>>>>Decorating>>>>>Contact Me

Monday, January 4, 2010

Matchy-matchy


Continuing with my crafting theme.  I made matching aprons for me and the Kid.  She hasn't had a proper apron and has been wearing mine anytime she helps me cook.  Very cute, but way too big.  With the leftover fabric from the bible cover project, I made some matching aprons.  I like this fabric, because it is sort of has a 60's/70's vibe going with it. I collect vintage aprons from the 60's and love those styles and fabrics a ton.  There is something so domestic and ladylike with wearing a fun apron, right?


 

Exhibit A: Why we need aprons.

 




I may add pockets or ruffles the next time I make one of these.


 

I also made them reversible (which taxed my poor brain into thinking in 3-D again).

  

Lavender polka dotted fabric on the flip side.

 

The aprons look like they are dancing!

I just used one of my own aprons as a pattern for the larger version and traced with pencil directly onto the wrong side of the fabric. For the smaller version, I did it freehand, basing the length on one of her long tunic dresses (I want her to be able to grow into this).  Total time for both was about 1 hour, after cutting the fabric.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...