About Me >>>>>Faith >>>>> The Kid >>>>> The Dude >>>>>Parties >>>>> Fashion >>>>> Food>>>>>Decorating>>>>>Contact Me

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Sew, a Needle Pulling Thread...

I think the last time I touched a sewing machine was about 15 years ago when I was helping one of the PTA moms in our high school put together the dresses that we the Dance Ensemble for Oklahoma!  were going to wear for the picnic scene.  (BTW, Oklahoma! was the acting debut of a high school classmate of mine, who went on to star in Spiderman, One Tree Hill and will be in the next season of True Blood). He went from being a football star to an actor in one semester - just like High School Musical 3: Senior Year.  

Not that I have ever watched HSM 3 before, of course.

Because to actually check your OnDemand to see if it is playing is well...heh. Hm.  

Moving on.

Before Oklahoma!, my main experience with a sewing machine was in 8th grade home ec, when you had to make a pair of gym shorts for a grade.  I actually wore my shorts around the house (red and blue fleece, if I remember correctly).  I even got a sewing machine for Christmas (in 2007, but who's keeping track?) that has gone unused until this week when a few things happened.

1) I saw this post and wanted one of those carriers so badly that I could taste it.

2) I saw this post and wanted to make some capes so badly and make the Kid look like the superhero rockstar diva that she already is in her mind.

3) Joann's had a sale on fabric.

I channeled my inner prairie settler and actually sewed something.  This is much more my style than other types of crafts (like knitting or crocheting) because there is instant gratification after an hour and I can pretend like the sewing machine is a power tool.  Here is the most successful result. All I know is that sewing in straight lines = WIN.  Having to think in 3-D like one of those random questions from SAT tests = FAIL.


It's a Bible cover with a pocket for holding the preferred writing implements for the under-3 set. 

 
 
Let there be crafting.


And it was so.
 







Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...