About Me >>>>>Faith >>>>> The Kid >>>>> The Dude >>>>>Parties >>>>> Fashion >>>>> Food>>>>>Decorating>>>>>Contact Me

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

I'm Back!!!!

This is the longest hiatus from blogging that I have had in a while.  For those who didn't know the details, we just returned from Nigeria for my mother-in-law's funeral and it was a wonderful celebration of her life and awesome to see many of his family members who didn't get to come to our wedding as well as my own friends and family that still live there.  I have some beautiful nieces and nephews on my husband's side and I swear they thought that I had a magic purse (although I will say that my YSL is magic in a way) because of all of the food and coercion candy for my daughter that I had in there.

However, it was also one of the most emotionally draining experiences because of the sheer lack of infrastructure in Lagos (read: corruption breeds like cockroaches over there).  Things that take you two seconds to do here over the phone or on the internet will take HOURS or even days to get done.  Due to some of this I was forced to travel 28 hours BY MYSELF with a 2 year old who screamed "I want my Daddy!" for about half the flight from Paris to New York and the entire NY to Nashville flight.  My husband was supposed to fly back with us, but hey, we don't like to pay bribes for something that we know doesn't make sense (the airport official tried TWICE to collect money so that we could travel freely, when all of our documents had been in order - way to go Nigerian security officials), so we took the moral high road and didn't pay - and I took a couple extra Xanax for my solo plane trip back with the toddler.

I will have lots of fashion posts, general trip posts and all kinds of fun coming up, so stay tuned.  As an aside, the first thing I did when we got home was to switch on all of the lights in the house (just because I can) and take a long-a$$ shower.  Reliable electricity and clean running water...I can't quit you.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...