About Me >>>>>Faith >>>>> The Kid >>>>> The Dude >>>>>Parties >>>>> Fashion >>>>> Food>>>>>Decorating>>>>>Contact Me

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Are you ready boots? Start walking!

I used to have a classmate in elementary school (way back in Athens, Georgia - GO DAWGS!) who took horseback riding lessons after school and I was so pea-green with envy that she got to do that. She was also one of the "cool girls" in 4th grade who got custom made high top Converse sneakers to match her Brownie uniform (another reason that I was jealous) and she had one of those cool Coca-Cola rugby shirts way before everyone else did (just realized this may have been a regional thing, since we were so close to Atlanta). My parents, being the responsible, but poor graduate students that they were told me we could not by any means afford horseback riding lessons.

Little did I know that I not only do not like horses, I especially do not like their smell or having to do the hard work that is often required to clean up after them. I probably even at the tender age of nine knew that that I would have probably only been in it for the clothes (go figure). The outfit below is an ode to my equestrian aspirations.


Ruffle Plaid top from TJMaxx - no name brand
Banana Republic straight leg jeans
Boots from DSW, last year (detail pics here)

4 comments:

Amanda said...

The picture is too dark!! :o(
Self photography is hard, I know. But maybe getting into some more natural light would help? I usually set my camera on my table or grill in the back yard and set the timer... run into the yard a bit, pose... repeat... and then crop the pic. Yes the neighbors know I am crazy. Something like that is hard to hide for very long!

DrBabyMamaDrama said...

Dude, I know! Unfortunately, with freaking daylight savings time, by the time I get back from work, it is pitch black outside. I think I may have to enlist the help of a table lamp.

DrBabyMamaDrama said...

I uploaded a hopefully brighter picture. Gotta love photo editing...

Annie and Greg said...

I totally wouldn't read your blog anymore if you said that you actually got to take riding lessons. I so badly wanted to do that too. Turns out I am rather allergic to horses so maybe in the end it was a wise non-investment. Love the boots though!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...