About Me >>>>>Faith >>>>> The Kid >>>>> The Dude >>>>>Parties >>>>> Fashion >>>>> Food>>>>>Decorating>>>>>Contact Me

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Oven Roasted Aparagus


A highly undervalued vegetable, in my humble estimation. Sure, it is long and skinny. Sure, it makes your pee smell weird. We don't care and we love asparagus - we go through this stuff like crazy and MrDrama is a particular fan. How I make it (after learning the hard way that blanching asparagus, while effective, can be hazardous if you ignore for 1 minute too long, turning it from a crisp vegetable into a soggy, mushy mess):

Oven Roasted Asparagus
  • One package of asparagus spears (Costco sized for us), washed, with the bottom inch or two trimmed off, depending on how big they are
  • Olive oil
  • 2 Tbsp "House seasoning" (copied from Paula Deen - 2 parts kosher salt, 1 part black pepper, 1 part garlic powder, placed in a shaker container)
Arrange spears on a cookie sheet lined with foil. Drizzle with 3 Tbsp olive oil and sprinkle with 3 Tbsp seasoning mix. Roast in 400 degree oven for 8 minutes.

Eat.

Have funny smelling pee 2 hours later.

4 comments:

Amanda said...

mmm, we have not had asparagus in a while. This is my go-to recipe. I love the lemon on the asparagus!
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/rachael-ray/roasted-asparagus-tips-recipe/index.html

Andrea said...

We LOVE asparagus! I roast it for 15 minutes turning every 5 and put sesame seeds on for the last 5 minutes. It gets nice and crispy.

Andrea said...

Oh, and I roast it at 450. So good.

According to Moi said...

Hi, my first visit and post to your blog. I just read your profile and this: "if you decide to sue me, get in line behind the federal government, my student loan provider and my mortgage lender. They were there first" was hilarious. I love it. Thanks for bringing a smile to my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...