About Me >>>>>Faith >>>>> The Kid >>>>> The Dude >>>>>Parties >>>>> Fashion >>>>> Food>>>>>Decorating>>>>>Contact Me

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Fall Decorating

In my neck of the woods, we have had a ridiculous run of good weather this October. Almost every day this past month has had picture perfect Tennessee fall weather with temperatures in the 70's and low 80's, no humidity and sunny skies. We are totally spoiled, I know. But it makes up for the cicada invasion and the misery of hazy, hot and humid July!


We've taken advantage of the weather and started some fall decorating around here. In full disclosure, these lanterns are borrowed from our church (I am also doing some decorating for a retreat later this week, so I needed to play around with some ideas), but I am definitely inspired to bring on my favorite season!

The lanterns are borrowed from church and use 3" white pillar candles. I picked up some mini pumpkins and squash from a local farm for a steal. The look is completed with some votive candles that you can pick up anywhere. My daughter's reaction was classic. Mommy, it's so pretty....!


Here is a different view of the table. Still looking for those chairs...


A close up view...


Here is an overhead view. This smaller arrangement would be perfect for a small dining table or breakfast area. 


I still have plans to plant some mums in the planters in front of our house as well as gussy up a wreath of some sort, so I haven't finished decorating yet. This is the first time I have really gotten excited about fall decorating, so I am trying to take things slowly so I don't go overboard.

Any of you guys doing any fall decorations? What things are you inspired by this fall? Chime in!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...