About Me >>>>>Faith >>>>> The Kid >>>>> The Dude >>>>>Parties >>>>> Fashion >>>>> Food>>>>>Decorating>>>>>Contact Me

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Ethan Allen Furniture Tour

We are closing in on the last of our furniture purchases for the home. We ordered a bunch of things from Ethan Allen and while their stuff is pricey, the quality is unbelievable. If this is more than your budget allows, scour Craigslist for Ethan Allen pieces (especially the wooden pieces which age very well) or check out other retailers like West Elm and Crate and Barrel for high quality, classic furniture.

First one of my favorite functional pieces, our new storage ottoman for the upstairs playroom. It is a butterscotch colored leather, sort of the color of a baseball mitt. I am looking forward to seeing it get some lovely patina with age.


We store some of our larger board games in there.


For our bedroom, we only purchased a few side tables. I decided to go for chrome and glass nightstands, since most of our furniture is dark, heavy wood. I wanted something that looked "lighter" but was still substantial. I still need some ideas on how to dress up the bedside tables. Thoughts?

Lamps from HomeGoods

On to the living room! We wanted a larger sectional that would seat tons of people for large parties or two adults fully sprawled out. I am so pleased with how it turned out. I ordered the sectional to be covered with Sunbrella fabric (which is a stain resistant outdoor fabric). I was concerned whether it would be comfortable, but it turned out even better than I expected. The Kid and I fight over that corner section all the time.


The rug was a HomeGoods purchase (thanks to all the Facebook friends who chimed in with their opinion, but the other rug was really cheap looking when we brought it home!). We are not completely sold on it, since it sheds like crazy and the color is not exactly perfect. It is a really thick, 100% wool rug, but I am debating this...

Also, my husband actually asked me if we could purchase a few more pillows for the sofa. I will bring him to the dark side of excessive pillow usage before long! Mwahahahaha!

Once again, to break up all of the traditional pieces, I got a few more contemporary chrome and glass side tables, which are perfect for a cup of coffee and a book or glass of iced tea. I purposely wanted an end table that didn't have a ton of space on top or drawers, because it prevents the tendency to clutter up the living room with more stuff.



MrDrama's only other request was to have a recliner of some sort, so we chose a dark leather recliner that looks more like a regular club chair. No velour La-Z-Boys here (like my dad had)! The Kid and MrDrama fight over this chair. And why are we fighting over all of the prime seating in our house with a four year old???


What do you think? Any opinions on where to get a possibly better rug or do I keep it? Which of these Ethan Allen pieces do you like the best?



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...