About Me >>>>>Faith >>>>> The Kid >>>>> The Dude >>>>>Parties >>>>> Fashion >>>>> Food>>>>>Decorating>>>>>Contact Me

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Color Blocking Done Two Ways

One of the big trends for spring has been color-blocking as seen by the spring lines from Jil Sander and Prada (InStyle Magazine has kept me well-educated, you know). Color blocking usually involves using two or three strong, contrasting colors to create visual interest. I did this two different ways recently with actual all over color and also with a simple black and white.

Gap Tank
Banana Republic shirt
 J.Crew belt and skirt
Bandolino shoes (although I would probably go with a nude shoe if I had to do this outfit again)

That outfit sort of reminded me of a mismatched Easter egg or Samantha Jones' outfits from Sex and the City, but the colors are so happy, I couldn't help myself.

J.Crew tee and jacket
CaBI skirt (that I famously repaired a hole in with 6-0 nylon sutures)
Banana Republic shoes
And pardon my ashy knees. Let's hope I took care of that after the picture.

Which of these would you be more likely to wear? The all over bright color or the contrasting black and white? Chime in on what you think of this trend.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...