About Me >>>>>Faith >>>>> The Kid >>>>> The Dude >>>>>Parties >>>>> Fashion >>>>> Food>>>>>Decorating>>>>>Contact Me

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Five Minute Fashion Fix: Borrowing from the Boys

Before I get to the Five Minute Fashion Fix today, a side note: It took my husband and daughter over 4 hours to get home yesterday on a normal 15 minute drive because TWO INCHES OF SNOW paralyzed Nashville. I know people who didn't get home until midnight. Some even had to walk home after abandoning their cars. It was a complete mess in the South. God bless Chick-Fil-A and salt trucks. I am also eyeing South Florida as my next place to live...

On to fashion!

My next version of the Five Minute Fashion Fix involves borrowing from the boys. There is something comforting about wearing something oversized from your favorite guy. While it can be tempting to go for their old sports jerseys or sweats, why not try something a little different? I raided my husband's closet and grabbed the first dress shirt I saw. It is similar to this look from a few months ago. I used one of my favorite fashion accessories of a wide black belt and plain black flats and to punch it up, a black beaded necklace.

 MrDrama's shirt (Gap tee underneath)
White House lack Market necklace
H&M belt
Banana Republic jeans
Cole Haan black flats

 Don't forget how this outfit began... just a white tee and jeans.


Five Minute Fashion Fix tip: you can borrow from the guys and still look like a lady! Ditch your husband's sweats and pajama bottoms for a dress shirt that is still comfortable and can be dressed up for going out with the kids or lunch with friends.

Chime in... what stuff could you borrow from your husband/boyfriend/brother that you can give a feminine spin?



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...