About Me >>>>>Faith >>>>> The Kid >>>>> The Dude >>>>>Parties >>>>> Fashion >>>>> Food>>>>>Decorating>>>>>Contact Me

Sunday, January 23, 2011

A Little Sunday School Irony

I have had a bit of a frustrating weekend with my beloved child.

Thursday: It started off with her drawing all over herself - including the bottoms of her feet and giving herself a mustache - with blue marker. Then we had the inevitable battles over what to wear ("I want a skirt that is twirly") and the nightly I-want-to-wear-my-princess-pajamas-again argument.

Friday: We had a snow day, which meant her school was delayed which meant I had to take the morning off of work (which kind of sucks since this is already a slow work month for me and I only get paid if I see patients). And we both fell getting out of the house because of all the ice. So. Over. Winter.

Saturday: Yesterday afternoon we had a marathon session with weeping and wailing because she decided to undo her hair and get out EVERY SINGLE BARETTE and redo her hair. We had been headed out the door and all I had asked her to do was put on her boots and coat. Somehow in preschooler speak, that means new hairstyle. Naturally. I had a moment when I lost my temper and sent her to the doomed corner of the living room also know as time-out. It was one of those "pee-pee dance" inducing, snot running down her face,  episodes of crying that was almost so comical in its magnitude that I did the unthinkable.


I broke character and started laughing in the middle of disciplining her. A big no-no. Which only managed to further raise her ire.

Later, I was on my last frayed nerve when I was cleaning up the house (since it almost looks like an early version of Hoarders right now with all the moving boxes) and likely muttering unseemly words under my breath. Then I happened across an errant index card that had one of her memory verses from Sunday School.
"Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry." James 1:19
Well played, God. Well played.




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...