About Me >>>>>Faith >>>>> The Kid >>>>> The Dude >>>>>Parties >>>>> Fashion >>>>> Food>>>>>Decorating>>>>>Contact Me

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Let the Negotiating Begin... and some J.Crew!

So we are in negotiations with the sellers with our potential future home! I am not superstitious, but I don't want to divulge too many details until we are officially under contract. Bear with me. I am just as excited as you would expect and can't wait to share details with you all! However, I always want to prepare for the worst and pray for the best.


The home is a short sale. That means that after the buyers accept the offer, the whole package has to be submitted to their lender for approval. It leaves little negotiating room for us in terms of repairs, but as you can imagine, we are getting a deal! (It helps that the house is in great shape.) Although we will likely take a loss on our home in Pittsburgh, if it wasn't for the crappy economy, this new house would have likely been way out of our price range. Prices in our desired neighborhoods have dropped close to $50-100K over the past two years. Word to your mother.

I know no one says "word to your mother" anymore, but I grew up watching In Living Color. I secretly wanted to be a fly girl. If you have no idea what I am talking about, I am tsk-tsking you.

Well, here is a teaser picture of MrDrama and the Kid going down the main steps of our possible new house.


Squeeeeee!

In honor of the start of negotiations, here is a little J.Crew lovin'. The shirt says "dream" in French. I am having lots of daydreams of decorating right now. Happy sigh...

 J.Crew Reve tee
Forever 21 flower pin
7FAM Ginger jeans 
Ann Taylor espadrilles (because it is just *that* weather appropriate)



Happy me.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...