Pros: Huge backyard with playset that stays, updated kitchen, but not exactly what I want, nice quiet neighborhood, reminds me of my parents' house.
Cons: Only 2.5 baths, small bedrooms, a lot further from work than either of us wanted to be.
Verdict: Probably not.
Pros: Great backyard that backs up to a common area/hiking trails, awesome master bathroom, high quality finishes throughout. Great location.
Cons: Only 2.5 baths, front-entry garages, wallpaper (although good quality wallpaper) in the kitchen and baths that needs to come down, small master closet. Also it is on the high end of our budget.
Verdict: A definite possibility.
I think we are narrowing down on a couple of key contenders, so I am really excited to see what unfolds in the next few weeks.
Here is what is on our house wish list:
- Good schools and quiet neighborhood
- 4 bedrooms and at least 2.5 baths
- Big kitchen with an island (essential for entertaining and cooking)
- Office space for MrDrama (we are both tired of tripping all over his piles of stuff)
- Big walk-in closet in the master BR
- Plenty of storage space
- Bonus room or a den
- Sunroom or screened-in porch
- At least a 1/2 acre of land
- Having 3.5 baths
- Three car garage (so we can have space for our deep freezer, bikes, lawnmowers, etc.)
- Double ovens
- Hardwoods downstairs
- 1 acre of land (we like our space)
- Fenced backyard