About Me >>>>>Faith >>>>> The Kid >>>>> The Dude >>>>>Parties >>>>> Fashion >>>>> Food>>>>>Decorating>>>>>Contact Me

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

House Update

Still waiting...

We have submitted all of our paperwork, as has the seller. Now (since it is a short sale) everything has to go to their lender to approve the offer price. If all goes as planned, we should hopefully be able to close sometime next month. In the past, short sales could take up to 6 months, but apparently new federal regulations are in place to speed up the process. Keep your fingers crossed!

Since patience is not my strong suit, I am comforting myself with online window shopping at Williams-Sonoma Home, West Elm, Crate and Barrel and Room and Board.

Here are a few inspiration pics for what I envision:


This could work for the downstairs living room (which has a stacked stone fireplace) with two sofas and couple of upholstered chairs.


My husband will be thrilled to finally have a dedicated office that doesn't double as a bedroom or playroom. We already have a several dark bookcases and painting the wall behind them a dark color could give the illusion of something more substantial. I would probably trade out two of those club chairs for a desk and office chair.


We have a similar style bed, but I would leave it in the original walnut finish that we have. I love how airy and bright this feels. If we decide to go dark for the bedroom, this would be a great option for one of the guest rooms.


I love this large mirror and Lucite console for an entryway. It is modern and clean without being too pretentious. Not sure how that table would handle the inevitable kid fingerprints, though.


There is a set of built in bookcases in the living room that is screaming for a treatment like this, perhaps with charcoal grey. I totally dig how the contrasting background makes the white accessories pop.

I will try and update weekly regarding the house situation. In the meantime, I will keep the inspiration pics coming.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...