About Me >>>>>Faith >>>>> The Kid >>>>> The Dude >>>>>Parties >>>>> Fashion >>>>> Food>>>>>Decorating>>>>>Contact Me

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Blogging Pet Peeves

This is not aimed at anyone in particular, so don't take it to heart if this applies to you. Just random observances that may make for a more fun blogging experience for others.

 --------------------------------
BANG
HEAD
HERE
X


Making your blog private: Now I understand that you may want to protect your kids or not get your name out there, but quite honestly, if you make your blog private and it doesn't come up in my blog reader feed and I won't see it = I will stop reading it.

Teeny-tiny or no pictures: I am a visual person and having no pictures means I will likely delete your blog. Sorry! Also, tiny pictures for some reason irritate me. It's like seeing too tight pants on someone.

Too many pictures: I don't need to see eight sequential pictures of butter melting. I get it.

Too much text: Once again, visual person here. You have about 30 seconds to make an impression on me, so too much reading makes me move on. And the run-on paragraph KILLS me. Indent people. Indent.

Truncated feeds: I know people do this to drive reader traffic to their blog, but come on!

That captcha thing: I love simple reader comments systems like enter name, email and website. Straightforward. Make me type in some random phrase like "linked soliloquy" and you will feel my grumbling. Especially when I mistype it by accident three times in a row.

What are you blogging pet peeves?




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...