About Me >>>>>Faith >>>>> The Kid >>>>> The Dude >>>>>Parties >>>>> Fashion >>>>> Food>>>>>Decorating>>>>>Contact Me

Monday, September 13, 2010

Open Letter to IKEA....

Dear IKEA Swedish-type owner people:

Please bring and IKEA to Nashville. We really need one here. I was recently in the Washington DC area (where you have THREE, what gives?) and spent about four hours wandering the aisles of my favorite Swedish furniture store.  Until my husband and daughter began to mutiny. They don't understand that IKEA is my happy place. I don't want to have to drive all the way to Atlanta or Cincinnati just to partake of your goodness.


I can personally guarantee to spend a significant portion of my take home pay in your store, buying funny shaped picture frames and lamps and baskets that I don't really need...


I promise to eat Swedish meatballs with lingonberry sauce in the cafeteria faithfully...


I promise to salivate over your kitchens, like the one featured in this post. Love the kitchen, not crazy about the backsplash. I promise to convince MrDrama to buy me a house with this sort of kitchen someday...


I promise to even encourage the next generation of shoppers (the Kid) in the beauty that is the IKEA kids' section (play land of inexpensive stuffed animals and Dr. Seuss-ian MAMMUT chairs).


I will even buy those huge recyclable IKEA blue bags and use them to cart groceries...


Just please come to Nashville. I'm begging. Oooooohhhh...

Much love,





Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...