However there is such a thing as too much honesty.
I don't want to hear or see that...
- Your child's first words are "Mommy", "Daddy" and the Spanish word for "Lady of the night who does things to her mother". Not good.
- You got tennis elbow/golfer's elbow from playing
- In a related fashion, you broke your hand playing
- The staples I am taking out of your head are from getting pistol-whipped. (I am guessing that me telling you to use your seat belt and always use sunscreen will fall on deaf ears.)
- You tasted your child's vomit. Ever.
- You let your child chew on the edge of the exam table.
- Your child older is allowed to hit you.
- Your teenager is allowed to swear at you or call you names.
- Your child learned how to swear at church camp.
- That "something" crawled into your child's ear and died last night.