The school districts here are done by county, meaning the ENTIRE county is one school district. That presents a dilemma in where we eventually choose to buy a house. I have been changing my mind on a daily basis as to where to live.
- Nashville proper
- (Usually) less expensive, older homes; slightly more walkable
- Some good elementary schools, hit or miss middle and high schools, unless you get into the magnet schools by lottery
- Possibility of needing to send the Kid +/- future siblings to private school in the future = mucho $$$
- Greater socioeconomic and cultural mix
- Two of the top high schools in the country (MLK and Hume-Fogg)
- More "suburban" feel
- Mix of new construction and established neighborhoods
- Expensive homes (minimum $300K - but the taxes are so low, it would be the same $ as a house half the price in our old neighborhood)
- More homogeneous socioeconomic and culturally
- Reliably good schools from K-12
Not sure which is the best place to pick. Has anyone else had to make this decision recently?
Insight? Magic 8 Ball advice?