About Me >>>>>Faith >>>>> The Kid >>>>> The Dude >>>>>Parties >>>>> Fashion >>>>> Food>>>>>Decorating>>>>>Contact Me

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Zumba

Any dance fans out there remember a little movie called Centerstage? It was a cult classic for dancers and dance wannabes that came out when I was in med school and is always on ABC Family or TBS at least once a month.  I went to a class at the Y recently that made me feel like I was stepping into this scene (minus the Mandy Moore music).



And now I hurt in muscles that haven't been used since Clinton was in office. The class I went to was Zumba and I had visions of old ladies in wrist bands working out a la Olivia Newton-John in the "Let's Get Physical" video.  And I am sure there are classes like that.  Not this one.

And then it felt like this scene with dance moves that would have left me weeping on the floor if I hadn't had the advantage of years of dance when I was younger. Lord knows how I would have made it if I hadn't already built up my cardio resistance with running for the past month!



Our Zumba teacher is a Julliard and Alvin Ailey trained dancer and she was making us shake what our mamas gave us like nobody's business.

I'd laugh it didn't hurt so much.

Ouch.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...