About Me >>>>>Faith >>>>> The Kid >>>>> The Dude >>>>>Parties >>>>> Fashion >>>>> Food>>>>>Decorating>>>>>Contact Me

Friday, June 25, 2010

Romper Room

To be honest, the jury is still out for me on this trend. In general, I am not a fan of "trends" that I either wore at one point in the past or are generally associated with toddlers. That said, I think there is a time and place for a current summer trend: the romper.

For me, any kind of trendy piece means that I am not going drop a ton of money for it. Cue: Target. Romber for $16 means that I can experiment without breaking the bank. Also, trendy pieces need to be considered carefully as to where you are going to be wearing them.

For me, this is totally going to be a beach/pool item this summer. I would maybe consider this with an aqua cardigan if I were going out to a really informal barbecue or lounging around the house. I would probably be very self conscious about going to the store or dinner at a restaurant with this. I also think the band around the bottom of the shorts part is not the most flattering silhouette, but as a beach cover up, who cares?

Banana Republic Necklace
Ann Taylor Wedge Espadrilles

I know a lot of people are sort of meh about rompers and other summer trends. Are there any summer trends that you are on the fence about? Any summer trends that you are loving right now?






Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...