About Me >>>>>Faith >>>>> The Kid >>>>> The Dude >>>>>Parties >>>>> Fashion >>>>> Food>>>>>Decorating>>>>>Contact Me

Friday, April 23, 2010

Trader Joe's Pizza

I was just remembering the first time I went to a Trader Joe's. I was visiting one of my college friends in Indianapolis and on my way out of town, I made a special detour to Trader Joe's. I bought my first container of sea salt and it was game over. An obsession was born.

I now find it a good store to try (along with Whole Foods) when I am looking for vegan options when cooking or to try something something new in the culinary realm.

Not that this meal has anything to do with being vegan. Perish the thought.

We made this after work a while back when we were in the mood for pizza.


Trader Joe's fresh pizza dough. Genius, easy and only costs 99 cents. It is vegan, but that is counteracted by the toppings that follow.


Onions caramelizing. One of natures perfect foods. If nature intended for you to saute food in olive oil and butter.



Italian sausages browning.  Nom, nom, nom.


Bacon cooked on a baking rack in the oven. I learned this method in college (reinforced by the Barefoot Contessa) and it is hands down the best way to cook bacon. It is slightly undercooked on purpose since it was going back into the oven later.


Dough stretched out onto the same greasy cookie sheet that the bacon drippings had been collected in. May sound gross, but the crust will be amazing! Trust me. I used regular jarred Barilla spaghetti sauce for our pizza sauce (gasp!).


Pizza, unbaked, piled high with sliced sausage, crumbled bacon, caramelized onion and mozzarella cheese.



Pizza. Yum. Commence obscene food noises.


Happy weekend, peeps!




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...