About Me >>>>>Faith >>>>> The Kid >>>>> The Dude >>>>>Parties >>>>> Fashion >>>>> Food>>>>>Decorating>>>>>Contact Me

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Throwback J. Crew

I have often referred to how old school J.Crew is often popping up in my wardrobe.  This is my absolute favorite older J.Crew piece.  It is a long sleeved merino wool dress that looks as good now as it did back in 1998 when I purchased it back in college.


Dress: J.Crew merino wool
Belt: J.Crew skinny tortoise patent leather belt, I think
Shoes: Banana Republic black flats

I have worn this dress with tights, leggings, bare legged (as above) and as a tunic with my black Minnies. It is thin enough to layer things over it and it is thick enough to wear collared shirts underneath it.  I have worn it all year round, except for the hottest days of summer. Sometimes I roll up the sleeves to turn it into a 3/4 length.  It is super-versatile, doesn't wrinkle and darn it, is older than most of my patients! J.Crew, we could use some more dresses like this...

What is the oldest thing in your closet that you still wear?






Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...