About Me >>>>>Faith >>>>> The Kid >>>>> The Dude >>>>>Parties >>>>> Fashion >>>>> Food>>>>>Decorating>>>>>Contact Me

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Hutch Redo

Remember this hutch?

Here's how it looks now (after a couple of coats of antique white paint)...


I couldn't find glass knobs that were cheap enough that I liked at Anthropologie, so I did these bronze numbers from Anthro's sale bin instead.


Materials list
  • Valspar spray paint primer
  • Olympic Antique White in Satin Finish (although you could probably use any finish) - 2 coats
  • Varathane water based sealer - 2 coats
  • Foam 6" rollers
  • Foam Brushes
ETA: Complete tutorial supplies list available from Holly here.
    And I learned three things: 1) I am seriously out of shape because I am really sore from all of the contortions I had to do to paint this thing, 2) I need a paint spray attachment for our compressor and, 3) they aren't kidding when they say work in a ventilated area. I am pretty sure I lost some brain cells.

    I am thinking of lining the back wall of the cabinet with fabric using some Modge Podge. Watcha think?




    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...