About Me >>>>>Faith >>>>> The Kid >>>>> The Dude >>>>>Parties >>>>> Fashion >>>>> Food>>>>>Decorating>>>>>Contact Me

Saturday, November 21, 2009

Outfit inspiration - or how to stalk senior citizens in Target



I was browsing the Christmas tree aisles at Target when this fabulously stylish grey-haired lady rounded the corner in the cutest blouse and cardigan. Looking very shlumpy in my typical day off outfit of Uggs, t-shirt and jeans, I asked her where she got her shirt from. I shouldn't have been surprised to hear that she was wearing a shirt from J. Crew, which she said offhandedly, "These shirts were just on sale in the store." This proceeded a chain reaction of three important events/realizations:

1) J. Crew is good at any age. Seriously, she was older than my mom and I wanted to borrow her clothes.

2) I have borderline stalker-ish tendencies when it comes to clothes, as evidenced by me popping my head like a crazed prairie dog around aisles in the holiday section of Target for the next five minutes trying to get a better look at the blouse in question.

3) This shirt that I was looking for had in fact NOT been in the stores recently and it is the incredibly hard to find Victoria ruffle long sleeved blouse from the Fall 2008 season. Seen below.

Hence the reason that I *may* have created an account on Ebay for the first time, trying to find this top. I need an ivory in a size 6, TYVM!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...