About Me >>>>>Faith >>>>> The Kid >>>>> The Dude >>>>>Parties >>>>> Fashion >>>>> Food>>>>>Decorating>>>>>Contact Me

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

SomE RaNdOm THings abBouT Me

1. I am a Type A masquerading (at least in my head) in a Type B personality's body. I was called out by one of my friend's husband - thanks, Russ - when he said, "oh you're totally a type A person". I like to think that I am laid back about certain things, like letting my child eat junk food occasionally and cleaning, however my type A side comes out in my propensity to imagine outfits days in advance and planning of parties, so there you go.

2. Probably as a result, I am also a worrywart. Silly things will keep me up at night, like thinking about getting a brown recluse spider bite and having a tree fall on the house in the middle of the night during a torrential Tennessee thunderstorm.

3. I love all things on the channel ABC Family. It is like Lifetime, but for 12 year olds, and I love it.

4. I cannot WAIT until we buy a house. I am really glad that we are waiting until or house in Pittsburgh sells, but I NEED TO DECORATE!!!!

5. I am debating between dressing up the Kid for Halloween either as a gypsy (since I am going to send her to live with them eventually) or a fairy - See? Type A all the way.

6. JCrew is now my JCrack. I can't quit you.

7. Yaya Monkey is staring me down and she is winning.

8. I plan on having a Carrie Bradshaw-esque shoe closet someday. No joke.

9. I am a complete insomniac. I have some of the worst sleep habits on the planet and some nights will get 4 hours of sleep, some nights will get 11. I *think* this is where the Kid gets it from. If you get random e-mails timestamped for 2:14 AM, that is why.

10. I have spent an inordinate amount of time planning (in my head) the names of my future possible second child, even thought I have no plans to be pregnant again ANYTIME soon, if ever. I guess we could always get a puppy.

11. Being on call sucks monkey you-know-whats and there is no way around it.

12. A good hug from the right person can turn your day around.

13. I have a total fascination with dancers, cheerleaders and gymnasts. I am absolutely enthralled by them, meaning that I can spend and entire afternoon watching the UCA championships on ESPN3 with no problem.

14. My 2 year old just telling me she "needs privacy" = me rolling my eyes.

15. I have realized that my maturity level sometimes leaves a little to be desired at times. "No, you stop it!" should probably never be uttered in a fight between a toddler and a 31 year old woman.

16. Monday afternoon (no matter how painful) has become my favorite time of the week because Tuesday is my "selfish day" - my day off.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...