About Me >>>>>Faith >>>>> The Kid >>>>> The Dude >>>>>Parties >>>>> Fashion >>>>> Food>>>>>Decorating>>>>>Contact Me

Monday, July 6, 2009

July 4th Party - the Food

I would have taken pictures of the hot dogs and hamburgers and other more savory fare, but to be honest, everyone forgot about those when I rolled out with the desserts. Anyone who has been to my house in the past week would have thought they were in the Ben and Jerry's test kitchen, based on the ungodly number of egg yolks and quarts of cream that I went through in preparation for my homemade ice cream. I ended up going with the vanilla, peach and blackberry ice cream (the salted caramel was too much for me to handle after a full day of work). I didn't hear anyone complaining...

I accompanied them with a quick sauce of fresh berries (raspberries, blackberries and blueberries) that were popped in a 400-degree oven with a couple spoons of orange marmalade for 20 minutes. Here is the mouth watering result.


With the vanilla bean ice cream (I had never actually used real vanilla beans until this moment and I am in love).


This was the hands down favorite - the blackberry/raspberry ice cream with some shortbread cookies.

Red, red wine: No party or UB40 remake is complete without it.

A salvaged Radio Flyer wagon with a gimpy wheel made a great cooler for the beer. Note the "red, white and blue" theme is followed out with the Killian's Irish Red/Budweisers, Smirnoff Ice and Blue Moon beers. I kill myself sometimes.

Next: the party people.

1 comment:

Decor To Adore said...

I adore your patriotic spirit. It is red, white and bluetiful!

I hope you'll stop by for a visit and see my Anthropologie inspired Americana tablecloth.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...