About Me >>>>>Faith >>>>> The Kid >>>>> The Dude >>>>>Parties >>>>> Fashion >>>>> Food>>>>>Decorating>>>>>Contact Me

Sunday, May 3, 2009

Weekend #2: An Ideal Lunch

My ideal lunch would consist of some carbs, a little drink or glass of wine and dessert. Here is a recent lunch from this past week.

Now that I am officially hooked on Pioneer Woman, I have come up with another version of her pasta primavera, using only green vegetables. Not sure if I like is as much as the original, but that may be because I used some frozen veggies this time. My green vegetables consisted of the following:

-asparagus
-broccoli
-zucchini
-yellow squash (not green, but I had some leftover)
-sweet peas
-parsley

And the finished product...


I added crumbled bacon, because quite frankly, bacon makes everything better. My drink of choice was a pomegranate martini, recipe below.

-1 part vodka (a good quality one, since the cheap ones smell like paint thinner)
-1 part pomegranate juice
-juice of 1 lime
-2 parts club soda or lime flavored sparkling water
-2-3 lime slices for garnish
-lots of ice, and I mean LOTS of ice. I have seen many a drink rendered into the realm of mediocrity because someone was too lazy to make sure the drink was really cold.

Shake in a cocktail shaker, a la Tom Cruise in his pre-TomKat, Cocktail days. Drink immediately.


And dessert. This makes me wish there was such a thing as Scratch and Sniff for your computer. I mixed some fresh strawberries with some frozen blackberries and a 1/2 teaspoon each of orange zest, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves. The smell is absolutely divine. Heat 'til bubbly...


Dish some vanilla goodness...


Spoon warm berry mixture over the ice cream (the fruit and ice cream cancel each other out, I swear)...


Garnish with a supreme slice of orange (who's been watching Top Chef? I have! I have!)...

Eat and commence with food coma. In three, two, one...

1 comment:

Dirty Martini said...

Oh yum! I can't tell which looks or sounds better, and yeah, I sure wish there was smell-o-puter, because those berries look luscious. The least I can do at this point is whip some up for myself. Thanks!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...