About Me >>>>>Faith >>>>> The Kid >>>>> The Dude >>>>>Parties >>>>> Fashion >>>>> Food>>>>>Decorating>>>>>Contact Me

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

How to be a foodie: Ricotta suffed tomatoes

I am not one of those people (although I wish I were) who plans out menus in advance and remembers to buy a shopping list based on what we have planned on the menu calendar. It would certainly make things easier. I tend to whip up whatever I am in the mood for, be it something light or savory or rich as a dinner option.

However, every once in a while I will stumble across a recipe or food that makes me want to eat it over and over and over again until I will probably get sick of it and never eat it again. Don't believe me? Remember the Great Watermelon Incident in 1987 at summer camp and you won't ask any more questions. My newest recipe du jour is this Ricotta Stuffed Tomatoes one from Pioneer Woman. It is so flavorful and delicious that it has been dubbed the appetizer that eats like a meal in my house (just like Chunky Soup or Dinty Moore beef stew, I can't remember which).

All you need to top this off is a glass of wine and you are good to go. Seriously. It is that good. And with the great tomatoes that are starting to come into season, you can't go wrong.

Here is the ricotta, garlic (the more, the merrier), parsley, basil mixture. I may have made a little extra so that I could eat spoonfuls of this once it was in the oven.


The stuffing of the tomatoes.


Can't go wrong with Italian bread crumbs. Like bacon, it makes everything better.


Of course, I get so excited about the food once it comes out that I eat it immediately and forget to take pictures of the finished product (I will never be the next great food blogger), so here is a link to the original recipe by PW. Make it. Make it now. Love it. Eat it.

2 comments:

Gwen said...

Mmmm, this sounds fabulous!

Life with Pog & FLeC said...

I wish I had some ricotta in the house!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...